Kooday Forum

Kooday is quickly becoming the talk of the Internet marketing community. Come share strategies, trade keywords and learn new ideas!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Is Kooday going to be a stupid system as well?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edstart

PostSubject: Is Kooday going to be a stupid system as well?   Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:45 am

If it is true what I read in the interview with Mark (5 Oct 2010) at Kooday.us, then the Kooday process for assigning value to owned keywords should be improved upon.

Look at the given example:

Quote :
If you owned the Keyword Phrase “popular mechanic” and linked it to a website called momsknittingtips - whether that link was a paid link or not – the Crawlers would ignore it. The reason is because the your Keyword Phrase “popular mechanic” will not be found on the page of the website called momsknittingtips.

Your Keyword is not relevant to that website and you will not receive credit i.e. compensation for it. Kooday will only provide compensation for the components/data that it needs to launch a Relevant Search-Engine.

Mind that this means if the contents of this particular webpage has the keyword phrase “popular mechanic” on it, either in the header's keyword section or the content itself, then it would count as relevant, though it clearly is logically not relevant at all looking at the subject that the webpage is about.

Another flaw this presents is that keywords, though not appearing in the content, could very well be relevant to the page's content to our human minds.

So afaic Kooday has got to work on making its crawling process a lot smarter more human if you like) than it is now, by means of associating keywords rather than roughly computing keywords.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunwest

PostSubject: Re: Is Kooday going to be a stupid system as well?   Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:55 am

I agree. I'm not sure that their reasoning is correct. I have many keywords where the word/phrase is not exactly repeated on the first page of the website, yet there are dozens of advertisers on those sites, and they are easily found using Google. I personally think it's a little late in the game to be revealing this information.

It seems that this method is unreasonably restrictive, and will undoubtedly penalize many members.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.whatsonyourmind.us
Darrell1211

PostSubject: Re: Is Kooday going to be a stupid system as well?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:04 pm

I agree it needs to be improved but I also agree with the logic in their process.

Heres why:

I saw several instances of people recruiting and in their "tips" (youtube was the main place) they advised to link all of their sites to all of their keywords. This does nothing except to trash the system and make it harder for Kooday to become valid in the marketplace.

Thanks,

Darrell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunwest

PostSubject: Re: Is Kooday going to be a stupid system as well?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:19 pm

I think Kooday has already responded to that problem. Members have been told they should not do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.whatsonyourmind.us
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Kooday going to be a stupid system as well?   

Back to top Go down

Is Kooday going to be a stupid system as well?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1